19 November 2013

Letter Home: Mornings


     In the mornings I go out to the deck and jump around for exercise. The air is cool. Because the deck is small, I do the following: knee lifts, lunges, and jumping. Because it is getting chilly in the mornings I wear a funky warm hat and a purple sweater.
     I can see the red sun rising a little to my east. Below is the parking lot for the apartment and a narrow road. I see a schoolgirl pass on a cruiser-like bike. And maybe 2 other men bike by. 

     Sometimes I smell fish cooking from one of the 3 houses to my right. A man comes out from an apartment to my left, sits down, and reads some papers as he smokes. That does not smell good.

     I can hear washing machines and sounds of sizzling (cooking). Washing machines here are very loud. They spin the clothing very fast to get out as much water as possible so that when they hang to dry they dry faster.