26 December 2013

A recent Q and A email between Sister Breksa and her younger sister. Asking the questions was a requirement for a Venturing award.


Q  How did God call you? 
A   I was called by a prophet of God and set apart by God’s power and authority to represent Christ. 

Q   How did you respond? 
A   I try to live in such a way that I can represent Christ.

Q    What doubts did you have? 
A    I do not doubt the authenticity of my calling or that it is from God. I know that with the Lord I can accomplish all that He would have me do. I know that He will watch over and protect my family. I just hope and pray that I can do all that He would have me do. 

Q   What help or assistance has God provided you this calling? 
A    God is always helping missionaries!
He helps us by providing:
Rules
Inspired leaders
The Spirit
Scriptures
Inspired Teaching Resources

Q    How do you continue to know God’s will? 
A    Through striving to become like Christ. For example, when we are humble we are open to the promptings of the Spirit, through which we can learn of God’s will. When we are obedient, we live worthy such that we can have the companionship of the Holy Ghost. 

Q What special challenges do you face? 
A Everyone has challenges... A mission is tough. But I guess special ones unique to just me would be overcoming my weaknesses, such as improving my delivery in speech.....  

Q What do you find most rewarding about your work?

A Just the little things.... but the most rewarding is assurance from God which is the joy and peace that comes from knowing that you have done all that you could have done.