04 December 2013

Email Home: On happiness and the work



I am of the opinion that when we don't focus on having fun or being happy, we have fun and are happy. When we become like Christ and invite others to Christ we become happy.

Alma 36:24-25 

(verse 24: becoming like Christ  and verse 25: inviting others to become like Christ)

24: “Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

25: “Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors.”

It is not easy but the Lord's yoke is always lighter, however, it is still a yoke. (Matthew 11: 27-30,  “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”)
It is hard work…but there are tools along the road and we know we will not be tried above what we can do. 

So yes, it is hard but by heading the Spirit I can prepare myself such that I can successfully overcome those trials or difficulties. This has been the case in each area with its unique trials. 

Just got to keep on going.