17 February 2014

Sister Breksa's Family History

A Testimony of Lewis Hunsaker
Sister Breksa’s Maternal Great Great Grandfather

"While herding sheep I read the Bible through twice, the Doctrine and Covenants twice, and the Book of Mormon five times.  I have read it through several times since.  As I finished reading it the fifth time and came to these words, 
"And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that you would ask God the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, he will manifest the truth of it unto you by the Power of the Holy Ghost, and by the Power of the Holy Ghost ye shall know the truth of all things."  
I quit reading and walked a little closer to where the sheep were feeding, thinking of the words I had just read.  I looked to see if there was anyone in sight, then I knelt and prayed earnestly to my Heavenly Father.  After praying, oh what joy filled my soul, it is beyond the power of mortal man to describe it.  I shall never forget that occasion.  It was in October 1891, two miles south of Washakie and one mile west."