01 May 2014

Letter Home: Dated April 21, 2014


On Fridaycoming back from biking south,  I set an appointment for 4 pm Tuesday to meet two high school students.  However, we were also scheduled to help a student pass out flyers by an elementary school at 3:45. If we have too many appointments we can go on splits (each missionary working with another missionary or member – so a companionship of 2 is now two working teams of 2).  So, we did. I went to the 4 pm appointment with a member while the other team went to help pass out the fliers.


We walked from the elementary school to the high school, where our appointment was. The member and I spoke Japanese and I asked my Japanese questions on the way there and as we were waiting for the two girls. We waited about an hour, but they did not come. Oh, well! I made the member laugh often and I learned more about Japanese and such. While studying-reading the Book of Mormon in Japanese I write down my Japanese questions. It was great to get some answers!


We had our first lesson with a sister on ThursdayOn Sunday she came to church with her two little boys. She has been coming to our Children’s English.