01 February 2014

Letter Home: English Class, More Gifts, Talking to People, and Leaping


Near the end of last transfer a woman (Y) called about English class.  She came and I greeted her by name. She came with her daughter and her daughter's friend. The next week a friend of the girls came! They are about 10 or so years old. This last Saturday Y gave me painted craft her daughter made. I'm sensei (teacher).  Y said we can invite her children to church and if they want to come she will support them in coming. So, I'll do that this Saturday - after English class, as we are not suppose to do anything super churchy. Just teach English conversation. 

Our English class is getting so big. It's great.  

When one woman came she was not very warm [towards us] - but I thought of how we can best connect. She likes coming.

Yesterday and today people told me my Japanese was very good. When my companion and I are stopping people to tell them our message of Jesus Christ: I share scriptures I feel the person needs to hear, testify, relate, ask questions, listen, support my companion, extend commitments, ask for referrals and a way to meet again. 

A lot of times I just keep on leaping expecting the Lord to catch me.