03 September 2014

Letter Home: Dated 25 August 2014

This week

While my companion rested [she was ill]] I called people who were potentially interested in learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I got to talk to a guy named ______________. I explained baptism and invited him to be baptized. He said yes, if he had the opportunity. So I proposed that we meet to learn more about baptism. The only time he could do it was the next day at 6pm in a place which is near our church building.

He came! When asked he explained the reason he wanted to meet was because he was a little unsure what baptism was and wanted to learn more.  I’m not a perfect teacher.  We probably talked about too many things. But he said the closing prayer. It was really good.

We plan to call him next week to schedule our next appointment.