08 January 2014

General Dempsey sings "National Anthem" 4th of July 2013 (Please stand when watching the video)



The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is not an American church.  However, Sister Breksa is a patriot.  She loves her country, obeys its laws, studies its history, and honors the flag & knows how to hoist, lower, fold, and display it. I think it shows her love for her country that knows and sings Proud to be American by Lee Greenwood…sings it really loud and with meaning! She supports her father's military service in many ways, practices the standards of Leave No Trace and as a BSA Venturer has pledged:

THE VENTURING OATH
As a Venturer, I promise to do my duty to God and help strengthen America, to help others, and to seek truth, fairness, and adventure in our world.
THE VENTURING CODE
---As a Venturer, I believe that America’s strength lies in our trust in God and in the courage, strength, and traditions of our people.

---I will, therefore, be faithful in my religious duties and will maintain a personal sense of honor in my own life.
---I will treasure my American heritage and will do all I can to preserve and enrich it. 
---I will recognize the dignity and worth of all humanity and will use fair play and goodwill in my daily life.
---I will acquire the Venturing attitude that seeks the truth in all things and adventure on the frontiers of our changing world.