29 January 2014

Letter Home: To youngest brother



How are you?  I am doing great.

Guess what! We have a boy who is about 9 years old who was baptized in November. On January the 4th Sister J and I met with him for his last after baptism lesson.  We focused on the temple. But we also had some time to play with some of his Legos at the kitchen table (it was a lesson and lunch) and he made the folded raccoon.  When he was showing me the *origami he made I saw the raccoon and thought, "[you] would like one." I asked him to teach me how to make the raccoon.  He tried but then gave up hope and just did it for me. It's included for you. I drew the face, though :)


*Origami (折り紙, from ori meaning "folding", and kami meaning "paper" is the traditional Japanese art of paper folding, which started in the 17th century AD at the latest and was popularized outside of Japan in the mid-1900s.  from Wikipedia